Monday, September 2, 2013

Lootera Movie Review

Just watched Lootera and I'm not gonna lie... I expected more.....I liked the first half but then it just lost its grip on me.....the second half pretty much had content worth 20 mins rolled into a 1 hr 10 mins long sequence packed with some *leading to nowhere* Drama.... I loved the way Motwane developed some characters in the first half... like Sonakshi's, her father's or even Ranveer's friend... but I felt that he completely lost them in the second half (especially Sonakshi)...not once did I feel any strong emotions for Ranveer's character.... I feel like thats a bad thing especially when he is the main protagonist....Oh and also Ranveer needs to stop talking to himself...he has the most ridiculous dialogue delivery ever....its like whenever his character is sad...or angry....or happy...or being romantic... Ranveer starts mumbling his dialogues under his breath like a kid talking to his imaginary friend...also I get that a movie should be a cinematic experience but what I dont understand is Motwane's overuse of distracting CGI...Its as if the entire second half was shot in front of a green screen....As I write this review Im realizing why I was so unhappy with the movie...most importantly I think the story and its characters....the writing in general... lacked the layers that Motwane as a writer displayed with Udaan...maybe its just me but Lootera could've been a lot more had it not been looted off its possibilities... 

No comments:

Post a Comment