Sunday, September 29, 2013

Rush: Movie Review

I saw Ron Howard's RUSH this weekend and I swear to God when I left the theatre I was ready to jump in to a F-1 car and drive off. But unfortunately I couldn't find one. So I did the next best thing....jumped into my Honda Accord and almost got a speeding ticket!
Ok I might be exaggerating a little there 
The film is an experience you shouldn't miss while its still in the Theaters. The movie is so thrilling that you dont for a second take your eyes off the screen. The story is amazing, its so tough to believe that rivalry like this could exist between two talented drivers. Im not a Chris Hemsworth fan but he did well.. although Daniel Brühl just completely stole the scene with his performance of racer Niki Lauda. He is so confident and natural that you are left wanting more at the end of the movie. I will be shocked and angry if he doesnt receive an Academy Award nomination for this. Ron Howard is once again BRILLIANT. He has a knack for making characters seem so believable yet so out of this world that you cant help but be awestruck...Whether its Frost/Nixon or Apollo 13 or a A Beautiful Mind. When I think about it, what's really interesting were the character graphs of the two main protagonists, they were extremely similar at their core concept to Frost/Nixon's. Hatred to Rivalry to Mutual Respect. Which I like coz in the process you see a spectrum of amazing performances.
Last but far from the least, the cinematography is worth an Academy Award. This is how you shoot and use Slow Motion shots. There were moments I had my mouth open in awe only because the shots were so breathtaking!
Watch this one! Even if you dont like the movie Im sure you'll find something that amazes you!

No comments:

Post a Comment